Friday 3 July 2015

Cristina Venedict | The Monk

Photo © Cristina Venedict-All Rights Reserved
I know. It's been quite a while I haven't posted on this blog. This was due to unplanned personal (aka non-photo related) travel...but let me immediately jump in the fray and feature the wonderful work of Cristina Venedict, a photographer from Romania. It is not very often when a photograph makes me stop what I'm doing, and prompts me to immediately look up the rest of the photographer's work.

I chanced on Cristina's 'The Monk" which was recently recognized by ePHOTOzine as Photo of the Week. It was described by the magazine's photo editor as "this image almost looks like a painting you’d find in a gallery. It’s like stepping back in time into a long forgotten era."

And that is exactly what this photograph is all about.

I was excited at the prospect of viewing more of Cristina's similar work; perhaps made during her travels in her native Romania or nearby (these two monks are wearing the garb of Orthodox priests), and admiring her color treatment  of her photographs.

However, there were no more photographs of Orthodox priests on Cristina's website, but galleries of her lovely and stylish -but different- fashion and portrait work. Many of these are processed in muted colors to give the impression and the atmosphere that they were made eons ago.

Cristina is a self-taught photographer from Romania, and who entered the world of photography after being a psychologist.

REI | De Las Flores

REI by Tewfic El-Sawy on on Exposure